Get Paid to Do Research!
UROP funds undergraduate research, scholarly and creative work with several types of grants. UROP projects are partnerships between CU’s outstanding faculty and undergraduates from all fields.
New! UROP is now offering a Development Grant for undergraduates who are in creative fields like film production, creative writing, music composition, and others.
Why do research? In a UROP project you:
- Explore academic interests beyond the classroom
- Get real life, hands-on experience conducting research
- Foster student-faculty relationships for professional references
- Develop academic/professional credentials and skills
- Demonstrate successful grant writing skills
- Refine your academic and career goals
Expand your options for research experience beyond the CU Boulder campus: The National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST Boulder Laboratories) and the CU Denver Anschutz Medical campus are just two examples. Check out additional opportunities for off-campus research, scholarship, or creative internship programs.
Recent UROP Updates:
Summer ’15 applications are due March 16 at 5pm. Students conducting human subject research and require Institutional Review Board (IRB) review of their research protocols should complete the IRB process by April 30, 2015 to remain eligible for summer UROP funding. See the UROP IRB policy.