How To Apply
The Norlin Scholars program seeks curious individuals who see college as an opportunity for both personal and academic growth. We want to build a cohort of students who encourage and support one another on this journey. Students who thrive in our program are interested in growing their knowledge, awareness and efficacy for improving their own and others’ lives. The scholarship is directed toward a wide variety of students who:
- have a holistic view of education
- are intellectually curious, active learners
- apply their learning toward the betterment of society
- embrace creativity and are open to discovery
- exhibit commitment to personal and professional growth
- appreciate interdisciplinarity and collaboration
Please thoroughly review the FAQs to get a good sense of the Norlin program. If this seems like a community you’d be eager to join, we invite you to apply.
Follow these steps to apply for the Norlin scholarship:
- Watch this video in order to answer the essay prompt: http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story.html
- Log into your CU Boulder account.
- Incoming freshmen: https://mycuboulder.colorado.edu
- Rising juniors: https://portal.prod.cu.edu/MyCUInfoFedAuthLogin.html
- Follow the step by step instructions in order to apply for online scholarships.
- Incoming freshmen: http://www.colorado.edu/finaid/pdf/ht-scholarshipapp.pdf
- Rising juniors: http://www.colorado.edu/finaid/pdf/ht-scholarshipapp-info.pdf
- The video you watched will help you answer the essay prompt. The essay must be between 750-1000 words.
- Make sure you complete both the Norlin essay and your résumé prior to submitting.
The application deadline is February 15, 2013. Applications will be available on December 1, 2012.