The Norlin Scholars program seeks curious individuals who see college as an opportunity for both personal and academic growth. We want to build a cohort of students who encourage and support one another on this journey. Students who thrive in our program are interested in growing their knowledge, awareness and efficacy for improving their own and others’ lives. The scholarship is directed toward a wide variety of students who:
- have a holistic view of education
- are intellectually curious, active learners
- apply their learning toward the betterment of society
- embrace creativity and are open to discovery
- exhibit commitment to personal and professional growth
- appreciate interdisciplinarity and collaboration
Follow these steps to apply for the Norlin scholarship:
- Watch this video in order to answer the essay prompt: http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story.html
- Log into your CU Boulder account.
- Incoming freshmen: https://mycuboulder.colorado.edu
- Rising juniors: https://portal.prod.cu.edu/MyCUInfoFedAuthLogin.html
- Follow the step by step instructions in order to apply for online scholarships.
- Watch this instructional video on the process.
- IMPORTANT: There are three pages on the application website. Scroll down to the bottom of each page in order to continue to the next.
- The video you watched will help you answer the essay prompt. The essay must be between 750-1000 words.
- Make sure you complete both the Norlin essay and your résumé prior to submitting.
Applications may be submitted between November 1, 2013 and February 15, 2014 by midnight MST.